How to Accept Criticism While at Work - Part 2

Description of your first forum.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
bajayi
Site Admin
Location: 13 Adeniran Ogunsanya Street Surulere, Lagos, Nigeria.

How to Accept Criticism While at Work - Part 2

Postby bajayi » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:28 pm

Assume that people are trying to help you. Criticism is easier to take when you assume that the people who are offering it to you are just trying to help you and make your work better.[4]
If you assume that people are using their criticism to try to cut you down or make you feel bad, you will emit negative emotions and responses, which is not helpful to them or you.
Yearn to improve. Learning and mastering an art or trade is a lifetime process. There is always something everyone can do to make their work even better, so try to embrace criticism. It’s part of the path to success.
Be open to new ideas and ways of doing things. You may be correct in your result but wrong in the way you got there. Different people prefer different ways of doing things and there is usually more than one way to accomplish a task. Be open to alternative ways of achievement. It’s the best way to learn!
Ask for criticism on a regular basis. This might seem counter-intuitive – especially if you hate criticism – but by asking for it, you are putting yourself in an empowerment position. Instead of people coming to you to tell you what’s wrong, you can go to them first and ask, even if everyone seems happy with your work.
Consider asking questions like, “How can I make this project even better?” “What can I do better next time?” “Is there anything I can do to improve my performance?”
Asking for criticism helps you improve at a faster rate, which means you may be promoted, given a raise, or given more responsibility at a faster rate, too.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Your first forum”